God or Satan
Copyright © October 2, 2017 by Robert Wayne Atkins, P.E.
All Rights Reserved.
If you do not believe in God and Satan then this article will probably be of little or no interest to you.
However, if you are open to the possibility of a merciful God and an evil devil then this article may contain some information that might interest you.
Is God always good?
Or does your concept of God allow for God to do evil?
Is the devil good or evil?
Does God love His creation?
Of does God love a part of His creation but not all of it?
Does the devil love everyone on the earth?
Or does the devil hate people?
Is God always truthful?
Or does your concept of God allow for God to tell lies?
Does the devil tell lies?
Can the devil sometimes tell a partial truth if it tricks a person into believing a lie to which it is attached?
Is God in control of everything everywhere?
Or are some things outside of God's control?
Does the devil control everything everywhere or are there some things out of the devil's control?
Does the devil try to get people to do some of his evil deeds for him?
Is God steadfast and unchanging, and is God the same yesterday, today, and forevermore?
Or does God change His mind and His rules whenever He wants to?
Does God have the same rules for everyone?
Or does God have completely different rules for different people?
Are some people always good?
Are some people always evil?
Are people sometimes good and sometimes evil?
Now let's examine the above concepts in more detail.
- Lies: Does God expect everyone to always tell the truth?
Or does God allow for some people to tell lies if they believe it is appropriate?
Will God have the same rules about lying in Heaven as He has on earth, or will God change the rules about lying for the people who are allowed into heaven?
If some people are permitted to tell lies with God's blessing while they are still here on the earth, then why should they be expected to change their behavior if they are allowed into heaven?
If lying is permitted in heaven then how will heaven be any different than life here on earth?
- Theft: Does God expect everyone to not steal?
Or does God allow some people to steal if they believe it is appropriate?
Will God have the same rules about stealing in Heaven or will God change the rules about stealing for the people who are allowed into heaven?
If some people are allowed to steal with God's blessing while they are still here on the earth, then why should they be expected to change their behavior if they are allowed into heaven?
If stealing is permitted in heaven then how will heaven be any different than life here on earth?
- Murder: Does God forbid the taking of human life by individuals, and does God only allow the Government to execute evil people?
Is killing a person in self-defense the same thing as killing an unarmed person who is not trying to hurt you in any way?
Or has God delegated the right to take a human life to specific people based on whatever criteria they believe is reasonable?
- Death: Does God have the ability to cause (or allow) the death of anyone at anytime?
Can God allow a person to die at any age of natural causes, such as starvation, dehydration, disease, cancer, brain tumor, liver failure, or heart attack?
Can God allow a person to die in an accident, fire, tornado, hurricane, flood, or earthquake?
Or does God need your help to kill someone?
- Race: Does God want people of all races to live in peace with one another?
Or has God condemned all the people who are born into one race as being universally evil even though those people had no control over who their parents were?
If a specific race has been condemned to total annihilation solely because of their heritage, then does this universal death sentence appear to be consistent with the will of a merciful God or of a lying devil?
- Male and Female: Does God love men and women equally, and does God expect both men and women to be treated fairly?
Or did God only make women to be servants (or slaves) to men, and does God expect a woman to do anything and everything a man tells her to do?
- Adultery: Does God want everyone to avoid sexual impurity?
Or does God allow some people to have sex with anyone they want (male or female)?
Does God allow for some men to forcibly rape any woman they want for any reason and does God bless this type of behavior?
- Free Will: Does God allow each person to determine his or her eternal destiny based on the things they do while they are alive here on this earth?
Or does God force some people to make either good or evil decisions so He can justify allowing them into heaven or casting them into hell?
- Rules: Has God given us rules on how we should worship Him, and how we should interact with one another?
Does God have the right to clarify some of His original rules if mankind begins to interpret and apply some of those rules incorrectly?
Is God using a "trial and error" approach with mankind to determine which rules work better than other rules?
Does God occasionally change His mind and gives us new rules that are inconsistent with His old rules?
If God changes the rules then will the same exact behavior result in some people being cast into hell and other people who did the same exact thing at a different time in history being allowed into heaven with God's blessing?
Does the devil change his rules anytime he wants to in order to entice a wider variety of people to do things that appeal to them so that they will be cast into hell?
- Prophets: Does God commission new prophets, priests, and ministers during each generation of mankind?
Does God expect the spiritual messages of His new spiritual leaders to be consistent with His spiritual messages of the past?
Or does God occasionally give a new spiritual leader a new message that is inconsistent with His spiritual messages of the past?
Should we believe that God has changed His mind and that He now has "new rules" for us to follow that are not consistent with His old rules?
Do these "new rules" encourage people to be cruel and abusive to everyone who does not accept and obey God's "new rules"?
If the rules are occasionally changed then is this consistent with the eternal traits of God, or does it more closely match the traits and the lies told by the devil?
- Future: Does God know everything that will happen in the future before it actually happens?
Does the devil know everything that will happen in the future before it actually happens?
Or does God only know what is happening right now today and what has happened in the past?
Does the devil only know what is happening right now today and what has happened in the past?
- Heaven: Is God in complete control of heaven? Or is the devil in complete control of heaven? Or do they share control of heaven?
Is God in complete control of hell? Or is the devil in complete control of hell? Or do they share control of hell?
Is a person's life here on earth the opportunity for that person to learn about God and the devil and to learn good behavior that should be continued forever in heaven?
Or are some people allowed to lie, cheat, steal, murder, and/or be cruel while they are here on earth and God approves of that type of behavior during the time they are still here on the earth?
Any religion that currently exists has one or more of the following characteristics:
Which of the following statements, if any, are consistent with what you believe about how God wants us to live, and why God created us?
- The religion is the one and only true religion that God has instituted and God wants that one true religion to continue into the future.
- The religion is one of several true religions that God has instituted and God wants all of His true religions to continue in the future.
- New believers are attracted to the religion because of a unique spiritual experience that convinces them of the truth of the religion.
- New believers are attracted to the religion because it has rules that appeal to the individual.
- The children who are born to parents who follow the religion automatically become followers of that religion when they are born, and if any child renounces that religion then the other members of that religion are honor bound to kill the individual who has abandoned the religion of his or her birth.
- Individuals who do not currently believe in the religion are given the option to embrace the religion or be executed immediately.
- Individuals who adopt the religion are told that if they abandon that religion for any reason then they will be hunted down and executed and that God will then immediately cast them into hell.
- The religion is one of many false religions that the devil has inspired and the devil does everything he can to attract new followers to one of his false religions, and to prevent current followers of his many false religions from abandoning those false religions.
Now please consider each of the following and decide if you would attribute it to God or to the devil.
- Some people were only created so that God could unleash His wrath on them by allowing them to be brutally killed by other people whom God wants to bless.
- Some people were only created so that they and their descendants would forever be the servants of other people that God wants to bless.
- Women were only created to be slaves to men and to perpetuate the human race.
- The members of a specific religion have the authority and the duty to kill everyone who believes in a different religion. If the extermination is a mass event and some people of that same religion, or some innocent people who have not yet accepted any religion, are accidentally killed then that is okay with God.
- Only certain people are allowed to study sacred religious texts and those chosen people are to interpret the meaning of those sacred religious texts to all other people and if one of those other people attempts to read or study a sacred religious text then that person is to be immediately executed.
- The original sacred religious texts of God can be modified to more closely match the evolving needs of people at the current time in human history.
- The original sacred religions texts of God can be enhanced or replaced with a new religious text that is equally important or more important than the original sacred religions texts.
- A designated supreme religious leader has the authority to add new rules and to eliminate old rules as that person feels led by God and those changes take effect immediately and they do not need to be reviewed or approved by any other member of that religion.
- Only certain people are allowed to pray to God and everyone else must bring their requests to the people who are ordained by God to offer prayers to God.
- A person's eternal destiny has been delegated to specific people here on this earth and God accepts the judgment of these specific people about where a person's eternal soul will spend eternity (either heaven or hell).
- A person is permitted to lie, cheat, steal, and/or commit adultery if it helps to glorify God.
- A person is allowed to be cruel to another person if it helps to glorify God.
- Any rule or law of God can be nullified by any person who professes faith in that religion but who also believes that a specific rule or law of that religion does not apply to him or her.
- A religion that places value on all human life and the religion advocates that its followers should not be abusive or kill others (except in self-defense).
- A religion that only values the lives of its followers and it encourages its followers to be cruel to anyone who has not accepted the religion (and maybe kill everyone who has not accepted the religion).
- A religion that believes you should not force someone to accept the religion or be killed.
- A religion that believes it is okay to force someone to accept the religion and if they refuse then you should immediately execute the person.
- A religion that believes you must accept the religion of your parents and if you reject the religion of your birth then you will be killed by other people who do believe in that religion.
- A religion that believes you have the freedom to choose any religion (or no religion) and that you will not be evaluated for your choice until you appear before God on your day of judgment.
- A religion that prohibits any type of human sacrifice as an offering to God.
- A religion that encourages frequent human sacrifices as an offering to God, including adults of any age, or little children of any age, or any person of any age.
- A religion that believes you must do the same job as your parents and your ancestors, and if you deviate from the occupation of your ancestors then you will be killed by other members of that religion.
- A religion that believes you have the freedom to choose any occupation that you are capable of doing and that you would like to do, and that you may change your occupation if you so desire.
- A religion that does not approve of sexual misconduct by its followers and especially by its religious leaders.
- A religion where its religious leaders take a vow of celibacy. But in secret some of those religious leaders have sex with anyone they can entice, trick, force, or talk into having sex with them, including either males or females or both, and if their deeds should be made known to the high council of that religion then the high council will take no action unless an overwhelming number of public lawsuits eventually force them to censure the individual or individuals involved.
- A religion that believes that a religious war should only be fought with honor by armed soldiers who are ready to fight one another and that God will determine the outcome.
- A religion that believes that a religious war can be fought in a variety of ways, including individuals who behave like assassins and who kill unarmed people without any warning even though those other people are not trying to harm them in any way, and this includes unarmed senior adults and little children and even newborn babies.
- A religion that encourages hatred and cruelty to everyone who does not believe in that religion.
- A religion that encourages kindness and forgiveness to everyone including people who do not believe in that religion.
How to Make a Religion More Attractive
There are several ways that a religion can be made more attractive to some people, such as:
Any religion that encourages or simply permits one or more of the above can be made even more attractive if the followers of that religion are told that when they engage in the above behavior then they will be doing a service for God, and that they will be earning significant eternal rewards.
- If a person wants to hurt other people, or if a person wants to kill other people without any fear of being punished, then the person will not need much encouragement to follow any religion that gives its followers the right to be abusive to non-believers (and perhaps to kill non-believers).
- If a person has normal sexual desires then that person could easily be attracted to any religion that has religious prostitutes (male and female) that will engage in sex with any follower of that religion (male or female).
- If a male has normal sexual desires then that male could easily be attracted to any religion that gives its male followers the right to forcibly rape any woman they desire at any time they desire and the male will not be punished in any way. (Note: The religion may even allow for the female who was forcibly raped to be executed because she has become defiled.)
If you are considering a religion that encourages any of the above, or if you are already a member of a religion that permits the above, then it does not matter whether or not you personally refrain from doing the above. You are supporting the above simply by being a member of that religion.
The easiest way to get some people to believe a lie is to mix the lie in with some things that can easily be proven to be true, or that have the appearance of truth.
For example, consider the following four statements:
Statement number 3 above is mixed in with statements 1, 2, and 4 which can be proven. Since statements 1, 2, and 4 are true, this encourages a person to believe that statement 3 is also true.
- The earth has one moon and that one moon is in orbit around the earth.
- The earth is in orbit around the sun.
- The moon, the earth, and the sun are in the dimension in which we exist but the space we occupy also contains other dimensions that contain other suns, planets, and moons but they are invisible to us in the dimension that we occupy. (Note: This statement cannot be proven or disproven but when it is mixed in with statements that are true then it creates the possibility that it might be true, and this can frequently be all that a person needs if they want to believe this particular concept.)
- Since the earth orbits the sun, then the moon also travels around the sun because the moon is in orbit around the earth and the earth orbits the sun.
A false religion can appear to be a God ordained religion by including several good behavior concepts in its religious creed. For example, a religion may encourage its followers to provide for the members of their own family if possible, and to give their dead family members a decent burial if possible, and to give as they are able to support the less fortunate members of their religion, and to pray to God when it is convenient and to always use their religion's name for God in their prayers, and to not be unfair to the other members of their religion, and to volunteer for some type of community service work if and when it is convenient. The religion can then include some other rules, such as: (1) you have the right to lie to, steal from, and/or be cruel to any non-believer, and (2) before you execute a non-believer you should give the person a chance to renounce whatever religion they are currently following and accept your religion instead, and if they do not accept your religion then you have God's blessing to kill that person.
It is up to you whether or not you want to believe that God wants you to persecute people who do not believe what you believe, and that God may even want you to kill someone who does not believe what you believe. The nice thing about this type of religion is that you have the luxury to pick from several totally different religions that give you permission to be cruel to anyone who is not part of your religion. However, this creates a serious social problem for humanity because these different religions will be killing one another in a never ending religious war. Do you think this is what a good God intended when He originally created the earth and mankind? Or is this never ending religious war more consistent with the devil's plan to deceive and destroy mankind? (Note: Even if all the followers of one specific religion are exterminated, there will still be people who believe in other religions that have not yet been terminated and the never ending religious war will continue.)
Click on www.grandpappy.org for Robert's Home Page.
Grandpappy's e-mail address is: RobertWayneAtkins@hotmail.com