Wilderness Survival Tips by
Robert Wayne Atkins, P.E.
All of the articles on this page (except for items 9 and 10) are included in my book: Grandpappy's Survival Manual for Hard Times, Second Edition.
- Homemade Bow and Arrows - Revised October 1, 2006.
- Gill Nets - The Easy Way to Catch Fish for the Frying Pan - Revised August 21, 2009.
- How to Catch Wild Game Using Snares and Steel Traps - Added November 1, 2008.
- Tips for Hunting Wild Game Using Firearms, Traps, and Snares - Added May 1, 2006.
- How to Build a Safe Temporary Shelter - Added January 3, 2011.
- Grandpappy's Wilderness Cabin Cave - Revised February 23, 2010.
- The Three Most Important Wilderness Survival Items - Revised October 27, 2008.
- Compass Instructions and Alternatives - Added August 1, 2004.
- State of Michigan Trapper Instruction Manual, 157 Pages, pdf file = 8.13 MB.
- The 10 Bushcraft Books, by author Richard Harry Graves.
Click on www.grandpappy.org for Robert's Home Page.
Grandpappy's e-mail address is: RobertWayneAtkins@hotmail.com